2020 has posed unprecedented challenges for Canadian Employers. We know that in addition to keeping your employees safe and maintaining business continuity, it’s a challenge to keep track of all the changes to the employment law landscape in Canada.
These two, 60 minute virtual sessions are designed to help you stay abreast of what changed in 2020 and be prepared for what’s on the horizon in 2021.
We will review the key developments impacting Canadian employers and provide practical tips for navigating the new normal. Among other topics, you will hear about:
- COVID-specific laws applicable to Canadian employers
- Navigating leaves of absence and the duty to accommodate during the pandemic
- Revisiting substantive equality & compensation for work performed
- Remote working best practices
- Workplace violence and harassment
- Independent contractor update
- Employment agreement enforceability
- Mitigating business disruption caused by Canada’s border closures and quarantine requirements
- Strategies relating to union organizing during the time of COVID and labour update
- Trade and labour adoption of international labour standards
Click here for more information and to register.