In this 75-minute “quick hits” style session, our team provided practical advice to Canadian in-house counsel and human resources leaders and addressed what to keep top-of-mind for 2024.
Among other topics, we discussed:
- Key legislative developments including:
- The progress and implications of Ontario’s latest “Working for Workers” legislation
- Implications of Pay Transparency Legislation in British Columbia and the rest of Canada
- An update on implementing the changes imposed by French Language Legislation in Quebec and the Federal Jurisdiction
- Significant case law developments impacting:
- Alberta’s new “tort” of harassment
- Discrimination based on family status in British Columbia
- Termination provisions in Ontario
- Changes to the substratum rule
- Immigration developments and lessons learned in 2023
- Best practices for managing generative AI in the workplace
- Navigating key Competition Act changes
PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR A RECORDING OF THE WEBINAR.
Apply our 2024 Canadian Employer Checklist to set priorities for the year ahead, and contact our team with any questions.